WalletHub compared the attractiveness of each of the 50 states and the District of Columbia for a working mother based on 16 key metrics. The data set ranges from median women’s salary to female unemployment rate to day-care quality.
Life as a Working Mom in South Carolina (1=Best; 25=Avg.)
- 44th – Day-Care Quality
- 46th – Pediatricians per Capita
- 47th – Gender Pay Gap (Women’s Earnings as % of Men’s)
- 50th – Ratio of Female Executives to Male Executives
- 37th – Median Women’s Salary (Adjusted for Cost of Living)
- 25th – Female Unemployment Rate
- 38th – Parental-Leave Policy Score
- 31st – Avg. Length of Woman’s Workday (in Hours)
- 43rd – % of Single-Mom Families in Poverty
To see the full report, click here.