The website compared the 50 states and the District of Columbia across 29 indicators of retirement-friendliness toward veterans. The data set ranges from job opportunities for veterans to housing affordability to quality of VA hospitals.
Military Retirement in South Carolina (1=Best; 25=Avg.)
- 6th – Veterans per Capita
- 17th – % of Homeless Veterans
- 28th – Veteran Job Opportunities
- 27th – Housing Affordability
- 1st – % of Veteran-Owned Businesses
- 8th – Number of VA Benefits-Administration Facilities per Number of Veterans
To see the full report, click here.