Roper St. Francis Healthcare and the Charleston Police Department are hosting a Drug Take Back on Wednesday, May 22nd at the Louis Waring, Jr. Waring Senior Center, located on the Bon Secours St. Francis Hospital campus.
Prescription drugs can be dangerous and addictive if not properly handled and stored. Charleston County had the highest number of overdose deaths in South Carolina for 2017. This event is an example of how our community can work together to combat the drug crisis.
Medications that are flushed or sent to landfills in the trash can enter our water supply. The Drug Take Back is also vital to removing excess opioids and other harmful drugs from households where young people can access them.
The past few drug take back events have netted several hundred pounds of drugs safely removed from circulation.
Roper St. Francis Healthcare / Charleston Police Drug Take Back Details
- When: Wednesday May 22 – 10:00 a.m. to noon
- Where: Waring Senior Center – 2001 Henry Tecklenburg Dr. (On Bon Secours St. Francis Hospital campus)
- Who: Roper St. Francis and Charleston Police invite the public to bring unused or expired prescription drugs so they can be properly disposed for free.
Guidelines for participants:
- No liquids or needles.
- People can drop prescriptions in a bag/bin. No one reads the label or will know the contents at any time. No questions asked.
- Counselors from the Charleston Center will be available to answer questions or help people who may have a loved one with a substance problem.
- Roper St. Francis Healthcare pharmacists will be on site to answer questions about medications.
- Charleston Police officers will be on hand to meet with the public.
Gogo Jewelry & Hannah Carnegie Pop-Up Show at Garden & Gun’s Fieldshop
Gogo Ferguson and her daughter Hannah Sayre-Thomas are returning to Garden & Gun’s Fieldshop at the Dewberry Hotel in downtown...
Preservation Society will Offer Lineup of Diverse Tours and Events this May
The Gibbes Museum Celebrates Japanese Art with Two Special Exhibitions
Ohm Radio Announces Farewell to Workshop Party
New Nonprofit Addressing Trauma to Host Launch Event on April 18th
Edmund’s Oast and Kings Leaf Cigars Partnering for “The Palmetto Puff” Fuente Cigar Dinner
Hermosa Jewelry and Brown Fox Coffee Partner for April Artisan Market
Uncategorized3 months ago
Types Of Personal Loans
Uncategorized1 year ago
Signs Your Third Eye Is Starting To See
Site Updates3 years ago
HCS Patreon Supporters
Uncategorized9 months ago
How to Use Instagram For Your Music Career?
Charity6 years ago
Charleston Nonprofits & Charities
Resources8 years ago
Events18 hours ago
Weekend Buzz: Fun Things To Do In Charleston This Weekend
Food6 years ago
Charleston’s Food Trucks