Slow Food Charleston, the non-profit whose mission is "good, clean, fair food for all," will hold a cookout celebrating ingredients from the Ark of Taste at the MUSC Urban Farm. The event will be on June 23rd from 5 pm to 9 pm.
The event will feature sips and snacks and discussion from food system leaders and advocates on matters of taste, educating guests on the importance of biodiversity, and highlighting ingredients specific to Slow Food’s Ark of Taste initiative. The program (from 5pm to 6 pm) also includes Urban Farm tours, information on growing ingredients from the Ark of Taste, and garden activities for all-ages.
Dinner will be prepared by:
- Robin Hollis, Basic Kitchen
- Jacques Larson, The Obstinate Daughter and Wild Olive
- Kevin Mitchell, Slow Food USA and Culinary Institute of Charleston
- Michael Semancik of Henrietta's Brasserie
- Amanee Nierouz of Ms. Rose’s Fine Food & Cocktails
- Brandon Belk of Wich Cream
Tickets are $85, kids $25, and under the age of two are free. Included in admission to the ticketed dinner is a social hour from 5 pm to 6 pm. To purchase tickets, click here.
Slow Food Charleston, a non-profit and 501(C)3.