A local casting agency is once again accepting submissions for those interested in working as paid extras on "The Righteous Gemstones," a new HBO show starring Danny McBride, John Goodman, Edi Patterson, and Adam DeVine that is currently filming in and around Charleston. Filming for the first season is coming to an end, so this will be your last chance to be part of the show (unless the series is renewed for another season).
- 130 African American Males & Females to portray Haitian Villagers
- Filming date is June 19th
- Special Pay Rate for this scene
- 150 Church Goers (New Faces needed)
- Filming date is June 21st
- Submissions should be sent to [email protected] with heading being the Date or Dates you would be 100% Available
- Example: 6/19 HAITI
- Submissions should include 2 Current photos (a close up and full length)
- Photos can be taken by cell phone
- Also included should be Name, Phone, Age, Height/Weight, Clothing Sizes, Description of any visible tattoos and Color/Make/Model/Year vehicle (as your vehicle could get camera time as well).
The half-hour comedy series was created by McBride, who will write, direct, executive produce, and act in the show. The pilot episode was filmed in the Charleston area back in August of last year.
According to Variety, the series will tell the story of "the world famous Gemstone televangelist family, which has a long tradition of deviance, greed, and charitable work, all in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ."