UPDATE: 6/20/19 - Water access has been restored at James Island County Park. Splash Zone waterpark, the Spray Play, restrooms, and other areas affected by water line access within the park are open and back to their normal operating schedules.
--Original Post Below--
Charleston County Parks says that the James Island County Park is without water until further notice due to a water main break on Riverland Drive. Splash Zone Waterpark, as well as the park's Spray Play area, restrooms, and drinking fountains, are all closed at the time.
Here are some more details from Charleston County Parks:
- Splash Zone waterpark will be closed today, Wednesday, June 19th
- Basic Splash Pass holders may use their pass at Splash Island or Whirlin' Waters today
- This morning's Summer Entertainment Series has been canceled
- The Spray Play area is closed
- James Island County Park is still open, but no restrooms or water fountains are available
- Updates will be posted at CharlestonCountyParks.com and Charleston County Parks' social media channels as information becomes available.