The ARK, Alzheimer’s Family Support Services, is hosting a two-day Powerful Tools for Caregivers leader training. The Sept. 12 and 13 class prepares and certifies individuals to successfully lead the six-week Powerful Tools for Caregivers class series. The Powerful Tools for Caregivers series is an educational program designed to help family caregivers take care of themselves while caring for a relative or friend who has a chronic illness.
The leader training will be held 8 am to 5 pm on Sept. 12 and 13 at The ARK, 502 West 5th North Street in Summerville. The cost is $350 per person; 14.50 CEUs are offered at an additional cost if needed. For more information, visit www.powerfultoolsforcaregivers.org.
Class Leaders may be professionals or volunteers from health care, social services, or faith based-organizations. Class Leaders are encouraged to enroll as teams of two but may also team with previously trained Powerful Tools for Caregivers Class Leaders to conduct the six-week class series in their community.
The leader training includes:
- Scripted curriculum for both the caregivers of adults with chronic conditions as well as the caregivers of children with special needs.
- Intensive, experiential, and interactive training provided by a team of certified Powerful Tools for Caregivers Master Trainers.
- Learning and practicing group leadership and facilitation skills
- Video and Audio Resources.
- The Caregiver Helpbook, companion book to the class.
- Networking connections with other trained Class Leaders.
- One-time Leader certification fee.
Certified Powerful Tools for Caregivers Master Trainers from The ARK will conduct the Sept. Class Leader training. Upon completion of the training, Class Leaders will be prepared to lead the Powerful Tools for Caregivers classes to groups of up to 15 family caregivers.
For more details, contact Naomi Cills or Jan Hyatt at 843-471-1360 or at NOAHproject@thearkofsc.org.
ABOUT THE ARK, ALZHEIMER’S FAMILY SUPPORT SERVICES
The ARK is a local nonsectarian nonprofit outreach program providing comprehensive support services to families dealing with Alzheimer’s or related dementia. For more information, call 843-471-1360, or visit thearkofsc.org.