"The mural project is a competition for local artists to create representational art all around the Charleston Pour House. There will be a total of 15 spots available, with varying sizes but most within the range of 8’x10’.
Dates available for artists to work will be Aug 23. thru September 1, a week of voting will take place the following week. Voting from the public will end on Sunday, September 8. There will be prizes awarded in each category including concert tickets, and a cash prize.
- $500 cash prize
- a one-year admission into shows at the Charleston Pour House
- new design for tee shirts to be sold at the Pour House by Charlietown Prints
- Redux will give the winning mural a free class of the artist's choice.
(This includes any multi-week class or any one-night workshop)
- $200 cash prize
- $50 gift certificate to the Pour House
- 3-month free admission to shows at the Pour House
- Redux is willing to throw in a free one-day workshop class of the muralist's choosing.
- $100 cash prize
- Pour House merch package + a one-month free admission to shows at the Pour House.
- Redux will throw in entry to one ticketed event, includes the Annual Art Auction & Gala.
ON TOP OF ALL THIS: Every selected artist will receive a one-year membership to Redux.
What We Are Looking For?
We would like each artist to submit a mural design with the inspiration being promoting community through music. Make sure that the mural will be able to stand up to outside weather, i.e., sealant, polyurethane etc., any and all styles are welcomed for submission.
ENTRY RULES AND REQUIREMENTS
- Artists must be at least 18 years of age
- Artists must submit samples or images of the proposed mural design with application
- Entries must be artist’s original work
- If accepted, artist’s work must be complete (including weather proofing) by September 1, 2019
- Paint and some other supplies (brushes etc.,) will be available for use
A panel of Pour House and Redux staff along with Charlietown Prints will select participants based on the artist’s submissions and the demonstrated strength of the artist’s concept and craftsmanship, as well as originality of the proposed mural. Submit your design in the size of the dimension in which category you prefer to take part, but final say will be from the staff in deciding what area each artist design will fit best. When creating the design, think Love, think Live, think Music.
JULY 1 - Submissions open
AUG. 3 - Submissions close
AUG. 10 - Notifications sent
AUG. 23 - Painting of murals
SEPT. 1 - Last day for mural painting
SEPT. 2 - SEPT. 8 - VOTING IS LIVE
SEPT. 10 - Winners announced "