Mount Pleasant's Handcraft Kitchen & Cocktails is implementing a new, interactive monthly pop-up series highlighting guest bartenders from around the nation and creative cocktails. The first pop-up, themed "Rock, Paper, Scissors," will take place on Monday, July 22nd, with guest bartender Andra "AJ" Johnson from Washington, D.C.'s Michelin star Bresca and Prather's on the Alley.
Each pop-up will feature cocktails developed specifically for the theme by Handcraft Kitchen & Cocktail's industry vet and lead bartender Tyler Rothenberg and the guest bartender of the month. On July 22nd, from 10 pm until 1 am, industry workers and imbibers alike are invited to partake in a Rock, Paper, Scissors tournament. Patrons who win two out of three Rock, Paper, Scissors games will move on in the tournament. The champion will win a $25 bar tab.
Guests can also challenge their bartender to a Rock, Paper, Scissors duel. Those guests who prove victorious will receive $1 off one of Rothenberg and Johnson's uniquely themed, hand craft cocktails. The themed cocktails will be offered for $10 during the July 22nd Pop-Up.
The cocktails created by Rothenberg and Johnson for the Rock, Paper, Scissors Pop-Up are as follows:
Andra "AJ" Johnson
- Sar-Rock: Rittenhouse Rye, Caprano Antica, Aperol, Spicebush Bitters, Thyme
- The Layover: Elijah Craig Bourbon, Dubonnet Rouge, Serrano Strawberry Reduction, Lemon
- Cut Me Some Slack: Sacred Bond Brandy, Admiral Nelson Coconut Rum, PIneapple, Domain De Canton, Amontillado Sherry-Mint Foam
- Rock This Way: Mellow Corn, Mezcal, Green Chartreuse, Pineapple, Orange Bitters
- Paper Chaser: Rittenhouse Rye, Dubonnet Rouge, PAMA, Blood Orange, Cucumber
- Cuttin' Up: Sacred Bond, Burnett's Gin, Cointreau, Orgeat, Yuzu, Lime, Angostura Bitters, Mint
"This is our upbeat take on industry night," Rothenberg said. "It's about celebrating and enjoying each other's company. We really just want these monthly pop-ups, and every Monday night in-between, to be fun and lighthearted!"
Handcraft Kitchen & Cocktails will also debut their industry night "Meltdown Monday" menu on Monday, July 22nd - which will be offered every Monday moving forward. In addition to a Late Night Grilled Cheese Menu, the Monday industry night menu includes $3 beers, $4 shots, and $7 shot beer combos.
Handcraft Kitchen & Cocktails is located 735 Coleman Blvd. in Mount Pleasant.