In order to bring awareness to the condition of underprivileged children throughout the U.S., WalletHub compared the 50 states and the District of Columbia across 26 key measures of neediness. The data set ranges from share of children in households with below-poverty income to child food-insecurity rate to share of maltreated children.
Welfare of Children in South Carolina (1=Most; 25=Avg.):
- 8th – % of Children in Households with Below-Poverty Income
- 9th – % of Maltreated Children
- 21st – Child Food-Insecurity Rate
- 24th – % of Uninsured Children
- 16th – Infant Mortality Rate
- 5th – % of Children in Single-Parent Families
To see the full report, click here.