To determine the most ideal places in the U.S. for parents and their newborns, WalletHub compared the 50 states and the District of Columbia across 30 key measures of cost, health care accessibility, and baby-friendliness. The data set ranges from hospital conventional-delivery charges to annual average infant-care costs to pediatricians per capita.
Having a Baby in South Carolina (1=Best; 25=Avg.)
- 28th – Hospital Cesarean-Delivery Charges
- 25th – Hospital Conventional-Delivery Charges
- 36th – Infant Mortality Rate
- 46th – Rate of Low Birth-Weight
- 49th – Midwives & OB-GYNs per Capita
- 29th – Pediatricians & Family Doctors per Capita
- 30th – Child-Care Centers per Capita
- 38th – Parental-Leave Policy Score
To see the full report, click here.