Did you know that the Children’s Museum of the Lowcountry (CML) offers unlimited learning adventures for children ages birth to 10 years and their families? New parents can bring their infants to CML for activities and experiences meant to heighten key developmental areas including, gross and fine motor skills, communication, cognitive, and literacy skills and social-emotional skills.
See how infants can play at CML below:
- 0-3 Months
- Play with the O-balls in the Toddler Room, which have finger holes for babies to grasp and shake
- Babies 0-3 months also respond to the mirrors on the floor in the Toddler Room
- 3-6 Months
- Explore the water in the Water Wise exhibit, touch the smooth stones and rough sand in the Toddler Room’s mosaics and feel the tapestries in the Castle
- 6-9 Months
- Practice standing in the Toddler room by holding onto the ballet bar
- Pass a golf ball from one hand to the other and place the ball on the track in the Raceways exhibit
- 9-12 Months
- Practice walking by pushing a grocery cart in the Charleston Market
- Write with water and paintbrushes in Water Wise to help strengthen the pincer grasp
You can learn more about CML on their website: explorecml.org.