SafeShowings, a mobile app created to deter crimes committed against real estate professionals and homeowners, is one of seven area businesses selected to participate in The Harbor Entrepreneur Center’s Accelerator Program in Cohort 11. The Harbor Accelerator is a 14-week business accelerator program designed to support growth of scalable businesses in the Charleston region. Each participating startup is provided resources and support to grow rapidly, test the market quickly, and become viable.
“This is a great opportunity to work with and learn from members of the Charleston-area business community as well as network with like-minded startup business owners,” said Helen Hudson, founder and CEO of the SafeShowings app. “I look forward to continuing my work in making a difference in the real estate industry, locally and beyond. My mission is to make it a law, policy, or procedure for our industry that requires real estate professionals to capture a secure image of a driver’s license of each person that crosses the threshold of a home. The SafeShowings app is the tool to facilitate this mission.”
The Cohort 11 group of the Accelerator Program will run from August through November 2019. Members of the group must have the capacity to work more than 40 hours per week on the initiative; attend a weekly 90-minute class; attend meetings with mentors; and be prepared to make four-minute pitches to mentors, community members, peers, and more throughout program.
“Our program is designed to introduce high-impact business concepts to an intense curriculum led by successful mentor entrepreneurs. These mentors will walk side-by-side with participants throughout the 14-week program, keeping them focused on the critical elements needed to grow their businesses,” said Patrick Bryant, co-founder and mentor, The Harbor Entrepreneur Center. “At the end of this program, we expect each company to know its next steps. We also connect participants to possible capital sources for continued growth.”
Mentors of the Cohort 11 group of the Accelerator Program include,
- Jim Adamczyk- founder of Adamczyk Consulting.
- Stuart Bascomb- CEO and chair at QualSight and owner of CLN Properties LLC.
- Eric Bowman- owner of the Charleston Battery Soccer Team.
- Jim Bozard- founder and chair of Coastal Corrugated, Inc. and co-founder/co-owner at Pinnacle Corrugated LLC.
- Patrick Bryant- co-founder of The Harbor Entrepreneur Center and partner at Code/+/Trust.
- Jenny Glasgow- founder and medical case manager at ProjectWorks.
- Noah Leask- president and CEO at APC Data Analytics LLC, owner and founder at AE Fit, and co-founder and chair at ISHPI.
- AJ Leone- managing member at Main Gate Management, LLC
- John Osborne- co-founder and director of The Harbor Entrepreneur Center, founder of The Strive Cup, founder of fundingcharleston.com, and executive administrator of Charleston Angel Partners.
- Stacey Segal- vice president of BrightVine Solutions.
- Sam Staley- founder and CEO at Bidr and co-founder of Code/+/Trust.