To determine where Americans are most susceptible to such crimes, WalletHub compared the 50 states and the District of Columbia across 15 key metrics. The data set ranges from identity-theft complaints per capita to average loss amount due to fraud.
South Carolina’s Vulnerability to Identity Theft & Fraud (1=Most Vulnerable; 25=Avg.)
- 11th – Identity-Theft Complaints per Capita
- 17th – Avg. Loss Amount Due to Online Identity Theft
- 10th – Fraud & Other Complaints per Capita
- 18th – State Security-Freeze Laws for Minors’ Credit Reports
- 1st – Identity-Theft Passport Program
- 5th – Persons Arrested for Fraud per Capita
- 5th – Compliance with REAL ID Act
To see the full report, click here.