To determine the best states in which to put down family roots, WalletHub compared the 50 states across 50 key indicators of family-friendliness. The data set ranges from median family salary to housing affordability to unemployment rate.
Raising a Family in South Carolina (1=Best; 25=Avg.):
- 43rd – % of Families with Young Kids
- 36th – Infant-Mortality Rate
- 40th – Median Family Salary (Adjusted for Cost of Living)
- 42nd – Violent-Crime Rate
- 39th – % of Families in Poverty
- 21st – Housing Affordability
- 16th – Unemployment Rate
- 39th – Separation & Divorce Rate
To see the full report, click here.