Photo credit: Brandon Jensen
On Saturday, April 18th, from 1 pm to 5 pm, Fam’s Brewing Co. will host their Chucktown Brewdown: Homebrew Festival, the brewpub's third anniversary party. Homebrewing team registration is officially open until Monday, February 10th.
Guests at the festival can sample over 100 beers, talk with the homebrewers, listen to live music, play games on the patio, and enjoy a pint of 3rd anniversary beer and some pizza. Attendees will also get to vote for their favorite wheat beer. The homebrewing team with the most votes will win the coveted People’s Choice Award. A separate Judge’s Choice Award will also be awarded to the team with the best graded beer.
Tickets go on sale at 10 am on Tuesday, February 18th at https://www.famsbrewingco.com/chucktownbrewdown
. $15 general admission gets you samples of all 100+ beers, while $40 VIP gets you one-hour early admission, one slice of Famulari’s pizza, 1 pint of Fam’s Brewing Co. beer, an event t-shirt, and a souvenir tasting glass.
This year, the festival will feature 50 of the best homebrewing teams from across the Lowcountry that will brew their favorite wheat beer for the public to sample.
The homebrewing teams will also compete for:
- A chance to work with Fam’s Brewing Co’s head brewer, Justin Famulari, and recreate their homebrew on a professional system and put on tap in the brewery
- Become the featured homebrewing team at the upcoming Charleston Beer Fest at Riverfront Park on Saturday, May 23rd, and compete for a cash prize in their homebrewing competition
- Gift cards from Fam’s Brewing Co and Charleston’s only dedicated homebrew supply store, Beer Engineer Supply
The judges for the competition are:
- Justin Famulari (Fam’s Brewing Co)
- Ryan Coker (Revelry)
- Dustin Wilson (Dockery’s)
Types of wheat beer at the festival: American Wheat, Hefeweizen, Dunkelweizen, Weizenbock, Belgian Witbier, Fruit Wheat Beer.
Fam’s Brewing Co. is located on James Island at 1291 Folly Road.