On February 6th and 7th, Society 1858, an auxiliary group of The Gibbes Museum comprised of young professionals, will host its annual Amy P. Coy Forum and Winter Party. This year's events will honor the 2019 Society 1858 Prize Winner, artist Donté K. Hayes – an acclaimed ceramist from Georgia whose work can be placed within the context and aesthetic of “Afrofuturism.”
The two-night affair kicks off with the Amy P. Coy Forum on Thursday, February 6th at 6 pm at The Gibbes Museum. The forum will feature a panel discussion of artists and art experts, followed by a cocktail reception courtesy of Revival.
The 1858 Winter Party takes place the following evening, February 7th from 8 pm to 11 pm, also at The Gibbes Museum. During this black tie affair, guests will have the opportunity to purchase dynamic, one-of-a-kind works created by pairs of artists working together in ceramics and multi-media. For the first time in the event's history, each never-before-seen piece will be available for purchase during the Winter Party auction. The artist pairings are:
- Susan Gregory x Dontre Major
- Maria White x Robert Lange & Megan Aline
- Susan Klein x Adam Eddy
- Allison McDermott x Camela Guevara
- Ruth Ballou x Kristy Bishop
- Fiorenzo Berardozzi x Tim Hussey
- Annie Rhodes Lee x Jocelyn Châteauvert
- Jena Pallar x Lese Corrigan
- Jeff Kopish x Hirona Matsuda
- Liv Antonecchia x Matt Wilson
Click here for more information.