Does your pooch have what it takes to be named THE Crown Dog? Charleston Dog Walker, a professional dog walking company in the greater Charleston area, is hosting their 2nd annual Crown Dog of Charleston competition offering over $2,200 in prizes for the top three finalists.
The Crown Dog of Charleston 2019, Gregory the Great Dane, wore the crown proudly for the past year, but now it’s time for a new dog to get a chance to become royalty. The 155 dog entrants in 2019 received over 9,900 votes from the public and now Charleston is ready to choose the newest Crown Dog.
Contestants can submit a photo of their dog and a description of why they should earn the title of "Crown Dog" online at https://crowndogofcharleston.com to be entered. Crown Dog of Charleston is open to Charleston county dog parents from Monday, January 27th through Sunday, February 16th and follows with three rounds of voting:
- Round One - Public Vote (February 17th – March 1st, 2020)
- Will narrow down contestants to the top 10 pups chosen by public votes online
- Round Two - Judging (March 2nd – March 5th, 2020)
- Will narrow down contestants to the top five pups selected by Mix 95.9’s "Two Girls and a Guy" morning show hosts, Tanya Brown, Brooke Ryan, and Mike Edwards
- Judging will be based on number of previous public votes, quality, cuteness and uniqueness of photo and written entry.
- Round Three - Final Public Vote (March 6th – March 15th, 2020)
- The public will have the chance to vote on their favorite of the top five judge selected finalists online
The winners will be honored at the Crown Dog of Charleston Awards Ceremony on Saturday, March 21st from 2 pm – 4 pm at Taco Boy’s downtown location on Huger Street.
The first place winner will be given a prize pack worth over $1,700. Second and third places will also receive prize packs valuing over $200.
For contest rules, regulations, judging criteria and prize details please visit https://crowndogofcharleston.com/.