Trident Literacy Association celebrates International Women’s Month with their annual luncheon and awards ceremony on March 5th at 11:30 am. The honorees represent a diverse group of women who have used their talents in different ways to improve the Charleston community. The six women will share stories about the impact literacy has had on their life, and how they have helped to create positive changes in their community.
“This event highlights the important role women play in creating a community where literacy and learning is prioritized,” Jen Gibson, the Director of Philanthropy at the organization, said.
The public is invited to purchase tickets for the event at www.tridentlit.org/events/. The cost is $80 per ticket and includes a gourmet lunch from Duvall Catering at the picturesque Founders Hall at Charles Towne Landing. Proceeds from the event benefit Trident Literacy Association.
The 2020 Honorees:
- PJ Browning, Publisher, Post and Courier
- Colleen Condon, Attorney, Activist
- Lydia Cotton, Latina Community Leader
- Katarina Fjording, Head of Volvo Car University Americas at Volvo Car Group
- Andrea Hazel, Artist
- The Honorable Lucille Whipper, Politician, Activist, Community Leader
The Mistress of Ceremonies will be Nina Sossamon-Pogue, an author and speaker.