Less than a week after postponing their annual Bacon and Bourbon event, GOCO Events has announced a new date for the celebration.
The company distributed the following press release regarding the news:
Legal hurdles have been cleared, bourbon samples have been safely stowed, and the 8th Bacon & Bourbon event has been rescheduled for Saturday, May 2 at the North Charleston Convention Center.
Event organizer GoCo Events elected to cancel the original event last week when, at the last minute, state regulators denied a permit to serve alcohol. Electing to reschedule vs. mounting a “dry” event, GoCo offered to refund any ticket holder unable to accommodate the new date.
“We were heartbroken last week,” said Rebecca Gosnell, owner of the 22-year-old event production company. “Our reputation in town is that we go the extra mile, and exhaust every avenue, to achieve the magical and the impossible. Sadly, we were not able to overcome this obstacle, this time.”
Gosnell said the original number of featured chefs and vendors will be present at the rescheduled event. Previously ticketed guests unable to attend will receive an email in the coming days, which will include a link for processing refunds. The formerly sold-out event will post updates in the coming weeks on its social channels.
Click here for more info.