On Wednesday, March 11th, Ohm Radio Charleston and Queen Street Grocery & Cafe will present the Queen Street Sessions, an event showcasing live, original music by local artists in the heart of the Holy City.
This session will be a "songwriter in the round series," where songwriters will share their songs, stories, and where their music comes from. This is a unique opportunity to get to know Charleston's writers and your favorite local artists. The show is free to attend, but donations for the songwriters and Ohm Radio are encouraged.
The show will run from 5 pm to 7 pm and includes James Frolio of Big Yen, Jamie Gray of Cry Baby, and Jenna Feeney. You can learn more about each artist below:
- James Frolio
- Punk rock-infused reggae, hip hop verses, and pop melodies from the soul. Imagine Slightly Stoopid and A Tribe Called Quest drank too much coffee and shook hands with Jerry Garcia. Throw some acoustic guitar in the mix, and thats what Big Yen sounds like. James's first Big Yen single, "Backflip" was produced by John Shields of Little Stranger and highlights the big heart in this Charlestonian songwriter
- Here is his latest music video - Dopamine
- Jamie Gray
- Sad Girl Motown: That's how Jamie Gray, singer of infectious R&B outfit Cry Baby, describes her solo project. With her focus on colorful lyrics, Jamie's music is poetic and simple, yet moving. With a touch of emotion, her powerful voice and songs leave you with a sense of home and a reconnection with the self. Her debut solo single "Break Down" delivers goosebumps guaranteed
- Here is an intimate performance of her original song "Mansions"
- Jenna Feeney
- With country roots and a strong pop sensibility, Jenna is a songwriting veteran with an attitude to be reckoned with. Her last single "Cigarette" was produced by Mark Bryan of Hootie and the Blowfish and her music contains themes of positive mental health, while also bringing a much needed breath of fresh air to today's pop music scene
- Here is a performance of Jenna's song "Please Don't Come Back to This City"
Click here for more info on the event.