Year after year, the breathtaking scene of hundreds of white-clad guests descending upon one of the city's public spaces impresses guests and passersby alike.
“It’s hard to believe it’s already been five festive years of Le Dîner en Blanc in Charleston," host Eva Sellers said. "We look forward to keeping the tradition alive in the Holy City.”
Participation in this unique event happens in three stages: Phase 1 is for members from the previous year; Phase 2 is for new members who are referred by Phase I attendees; and Phase 3 is for people who signed up on the waiting list. For a chance to be part of this event, register now on the waiting list at register.dinerenblanc.com/charleston/en/register.
To maintain the uniqueness of Le Dîner en Blanc - as well as staying true to tradition - guests must observe certain requirements and follow a few key rules:
- Once confirmed, each guest’s participation becomes mandatory, regardless of weather conditions. This is a rain or shine event.
- Dress code: head-to-toe in elegant and white only attire
- Originality is encouraged as long as it is stylish and tasteful.
- Table setting: all white
- Champagne and/or wine
- Beer and hard liquor are prohibited.
As per Charleston County alcohol regulations, guests cannot bring their own alcohol. Guests wishing to enjoy some wine or Champagne, must reserve online through Le Dîner en Blanc’s e-store. However, guests are welcome to bring their own non-alcoholic beverages.
- To ensure that the location secret is kept undisclosed until the last minute, guests meet at an assigned departure location and are escorted by a Dîner en Blanc volunteer
- In order to leave the event location as clean as when they arrived, guests are required to leave with all their belongings, leftovers, and litter
Guests must bring:
- A table, two white chairs, white tablecloth
- A picnic basket comprising fine food and proper stemware and white dinnerware
- A catered picnic basket option, which can be picked up on-site, will be available for those who do not wish to pack their own. Guests wishing to do so must reserve online through Le Dîner en Blanc’s e-store
To keep up to date on event announcements, visit charleston.dinerenblanc.com.
About the Hosts of Le Dîner en Blanc - Charleston
The Hosting Team of Le Dîner en Blanc – Charleston is composed of Eva Sellers, Blair Barna, and Lauren Kesmodel. Owner of Elysia Events, Eva Sellers is a local event producer in Charleston. She has worked on an array of community events including, Charleston Comedy Festival, Margarita Festival, and more. Advertising Director of Charleston City Paper, Blair Barna has been promoting and producing some of Charleston's biggest events for 20+ years. With years of experience in the wedding industry, Lauren Kesmodel has a keen ability to make every event memorable.