To identify the most women-friendly states, WalletHub compared the 50 states and the District of Columbia across 24 key metrics. The data set ranges from median earnings for female workers to women’s preventive health care to female homicide rate.
Woman-Friendliness of South Carolina (1=Best, 25=Avg.):
- 36th – Median Earnings for Female Workers (Adjusted for Cost of Living)
- 18th – Unemployment Rate for Women
- 42nd – Share of Women in Poverty
- 22nd – Share of Women-Owned Businesses
- 45th – High School Graduation Rate for Women
- 22nd – Share of Women Who Voted in 2016 Presidential Election
- 40th – Female Uninsured Rate
- 43rd – Women’s Life Expectancy at Birth
- 31st – Women’s Preventive Health Care
To see the full report, click here.