Charleston County Government is at Operational Condition (OPCON) 2. Beginning Tuesday, March 17, the Charleston County Citizen Information Line will be open from 9 am to 5 pm to assist citizens who have questions about Charleston County operations regarding coronavirus/COVID-19.
- Citizen Info Line: 843.746.3900
- Spanish Line: 843.746.3909
- DHEC Care Line: 1-855-472-3432 Monday-Friday 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. for questions about COVID-19
- MUSC Health: Virtual Care 843-792-7000 or http://campaigns.muschealth.org/virtual-care/index.html
- Roper St Francis Virtual Care: http://rsfh.com/virtualcare
Charleston County Council will have an Emergency County Council meeting on Tuesday, March 17 at noon. The agenda can be found here: http://bit.ly/2sevxSh.
OPCON level descriptions: https://www.charlestoncounty.org/departments/emergency-management/opcon.php
Charleston County Government will continue normal operations, this includes curbside recycling, the landfill and convenience centers.
Service Center Operations
- The Charleston County Auditor and Treasurer will be temporarily closing the St. Paul’s and East Cooper Service Centers.
- The North Charleston and downtown locations will remain open during normal business hours.
- Citizens are encouraged to utilize the Charleston County Treasurer’s Office free e-check option to pay taxes online. https://sc-charleston.publicaccessnow.com/
- If you have additional questions about your tax bill, you can call the Auditor’s Office at 843.958.4200 or chat with a representative online https://auditor.charlestoncounty.org/. If you have questions concerning payments, call the Treasurer’s Office at 843.958.4360.
Charleston County Magistrate Courts
- Bond Hearing Court will conduct only two sessions a day at 10:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m.
- All Magistrate Court locations will remain open to accept filings, payments and conduct emergency hearings.
- All jury trials and traffic courts are postponed until after March 31, 2020. Letters will be sent to all parties notifying of their rescheduled hearings. Non-jury trials and other hearings may continue to be held, but only attorneys, their clients, and necessary witnesses will be allowed to appear.
- Online payments are available and encouraged.
- All civil proceedings will be halted until after March 31, 2020. There will be no new eviction putouts during this period.
Citizens can interact several ways with Charleston County Government remotely:
- Chat online with the Auditor’s Office, Environmental Management and Board of Elections
- Click and Go Page: common requested forms – charlestoncounty.org
- Citibot: Text “hello” to 843.800.4121 for questions about recycling, to request a mosquito control spray or to report a pothole.
For information on Charleston County Government news and services, the public can:
- Visit our website: www.charlestoncounty.org