The following highlighted changes will take effect tomorrow, March 27, 2020 at the Charleston County Law Enforcement Center front lobby, which is at 3691 Leeds Ave., North Charleston, SC. These changes are in effect until further notice.
- The Charleston County Sheriff’s Office has adjusted work shifts for specialized units and support personnel. Many divisions of the agency, sworn and civilian, are working split manpower (50/50) over varied shifts. This is to minimize the number of personnel that may be potentially exposed to the virus. Patrol first responders are still in full force in the event of an emergency. Citizens should continue to call (843) 743-7200 to report a non-emergency or 911 for an emergency.
- To reduce in-person patrol responses for non-emergency situations, deputies are handling certain calls by phone with the caller’s approval.
- The sex offender registry will operate at normal business hours. Deputies will continue to strictly enforce laws regarding the sex offender registry. For the duration of this event, registrations will be conducted through a glass partition.
- Freedom of Information (FOIA) requests can be submitted by emailing: [email protected] or by sending the request to the LEC (attn: FOIA) at 3691 Leeds Ave., North Charleston, SC 29405).
- Citizens can pick up copies of completed accident and incident reports by emailing [email protected] or in person Monday through Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m..
- Metal permit applications are accepted Monday through Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m..
- Background checks will be conducted Monday through Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m..