Video: Today’s Press Conference with Mayor Keith Summey, Fire Chief Greg Bulanow, and Police Chief Reggie Burgess
The City of North Charleston will continue to operate under limited functions with essential personnel through April 26.
TO ALL NORTH CHARLESTON BUSINESSES OPEN FOR OPERATION, RECOMMENDATION
• Limit occupancy to 50% allowable by code
• Mark and identify areas for proper customer separation at check-out
• Designate each aisle as one-way to lessen cross-traffic
• Provide hand sanitizers and/or wipes to all customers
NORTH CHARLESTION OPERATIONS THROUGH APRIL 26
- All public meetings cancelled through April 26.
- Roll cart and garbage pick up will continue as scheduled.
- Curbside yard debris and bulk trash pick will be collected the week of March 30 with collection occurring every other week.
- All public parks and playgrounds are closed.
- All recreational programs are suspended and facilities are closed.
- Summer camp registration has been postponed until further notice.
- All senior centers are closed.
- The permitting One Stop Shop has closed to in-person business.
- Building plans can still be submitted online for review by Zoning, Building, Fire, and Public Works, but expect a delayed response time due to limited staffing.
- Business licensing has closed to in-person. Renewals can be submitted online.
- For anyone unable to access the internet for permitting, a single terminal will be set up in the lobby of City Hall.
- Courts will only open for bond hearings, which will take place at 9am only. Bond paperwork must be turned in by 7am to be heard same-day. All other court cases are to be rescheduled and written confirmation of the new court dates and times will be mailed to all case parties.
- All Cultural Arts facilities are closed, all school performances suspended. North Charleston Arts Fest and the Children’s Festival are cancelled.
- Police will continue to operate normally with no reduction in services.
- Fire will continue to operate normally with no reduction in services, however, all public events and stations visits are cancelled until further notice.
- North Charleston Fire Museum is closed until further notice.
- All events at the North Charleston Coliseum, Performing Arts Center, and Convention Center are cancelled through the end of the month with most shows rescheduled to a later date.
North Charleston Citizen Hotlines
843-740-5883 & 843-740-5887
North Charleston Emergency Management continues to monitor the Coronavirus/COVID-19 and advises citizens to take precautions to limit the potential spread of the virus. Please continue to heed all advice from the CDC and SCDHEC.