Next week the Gibbes Museum of Art will host a series of fun, interactive 45-minute workshops for kids ages 6-10, focusing on different artists and styles. Each session, led by Gibbes Teaching Artist Fallon Peper, will focus on a different topic in order to keep young artists’ creativity flowing.
Different topics, such as science, history and math, will also be incorporated into the lessons. Please see below for more details:
- Who: Children ages 6-10
- What: Virtual Workshops
- Where: All workshops will take place in a private zoom session. Participants will receive call information the morning of.
- When: May 4-8; 10:00-10:45am
- Details: Registration is for a single session. $15 Members | $20 Non-Members. For more information and to register for sessions, visit https://bit.ly/2ScazlH.
Here's a look at the schedule:
- Monday, May 4 - Pop Art and Roy Lichtenstein (Math infused lesson)
- Tuesday, May 5 - The Vibrant Lowcountry (Science infused lesson)
- Wednesday, May 6 - Monet en Plein Air (History infused lesson)
- Thursday, May 7 - Van Gogh's Sunflowers (Science infused lesson)
- Friday, May 8 - Life in Charleston featuring Romare Bearden and Mary Whyte (Social Studies infused lesson)