The Charleston County Public Safety Directorate including EMS and Emergency Management is partnering with Fetter Heath Care Network (FHCN) to offer mobile COVID-19 screening and testing sites. The mobile site will be in different communities across Charleston County beginning May 4, 2020.
Screening and testing will be conducted Monday through Friday from 9 am to 4 pm. The site will include walk-up and drive-thru stations. Mobile testing site information:
- May 4: Royal Baptist Church, 4761 Luella Ave., North Charleston, SC 29405
- May 5: Charity Baptist Church, 1544 E. Montague Ave., North Charleston, SC 29405
- May 6: Fetter Healthcare, 5225 SC-165, Hollywood, SC 29449
- May 7: Jane Edwards Elementary School, 1960 Jane Edwards Rd., Edisto Island, SC 29438
- May 8: Magistrate Court, 995 Morrison Dr., Charleston, SC 29403
- May 11: St. James Presbyterian, 1314 Secessionville Rd., Charleston, SC 29412
- May 12: Johns Island Library, 3531 Maybank Hwy., Johns Island, SC 29455
- May 13: Wadmalaw Island – exact location TBD
- May 14: Church of Christ, 3950 Azalea Dr., North Charleston 29405
- May 15: Life Center Ministry, 7190 Cross County Road, North Charleston 29418
- May 18: Arabian Temple, 4132 Rivers Ave., North Charleston 29405
- May 19: Mt. Moriah Missionary Baptist Church, 7396 Rivers Ave., North Charleston 29406
- May 20: St. Matthews Baptist Church, 2005 Reynolds Ave., North Charleston SC 29405
“In light of the current global pandemic, it is critical that underserved communities have access to COVID-19 testing,” said Eric Watson, Deputy County Administrator of Public Safety. “This collaborative effort with Fetter Health Care will help accomplish that goal.”
Individuals experiencing cough, fever and shortness of breath can request a screening at FetterCovid19Screening.org or by calling 1-800-365-7410 to connect with a Fetter provider who will determine the need for testing. Citizens are asked to wear face coverings and practice safe social distancing while at the mobile testing site.
Currently, all insurance providers in South Carolina are covering the cost of COVID-19 testing. Patient insurance information will processed, in order to complete testing. No co-pays or deductibles are being charged. All patients will be served regardless of their ability to pay.
About Fetter Health Care Network
Fetter Health Care Network is a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) chartered as a 501c3 non-profit in the State of South Carolina in 1975. They provide comprehensive services for insured, uninsured and underserved residents in Berkeley, Charleston, Colleton and Dorchester Counties. Today, Fetter Health Care Network has 24 different sites which includes a mobile dental unit, medical laboratories, and pharmacies.