fbpx
Connect with us

News

As Off-Screen Drama Continues, Three “Southern Charm” Cast Members Quit The Show

Holy City Sinner

Published

on

Southern Charm, the Charleston-based reality TV show that airs on Bravo, is known for its on-screen fireworks, but this week all the drama has been off camera.

Earlier this week, cast member Kathryn Dennis apologized for sending a Charleston black activist a monkey emoji among a barrage of Instagram direct messages. While the consequences of those actions were still unraveling, a ​reality TV gossip blog posted an unsubstantiated claim that cast member Cameran Eubanks Wimberly’s husband had been carrying on a two-year affair with a local makeup artist. The blog also claimed Wimberly quit Southern Charm ahead of the seventh season to avoid the situation being exposed on national television.

Both Wimberly and the alleged mistress vehemently denied the accusations in separate social media posts.

“I was going to make a kind statement about why I decided to leave the show…however it has come to my attention that insidious rumors are now spreading and fake articles being written…some of which pertain to my marriage,” Wimberly posted on Instagram. “What upsets me the most is that my husband, who is the most sincere and faithful human I know is being falsely dragged into this. It disgusts me.”

The supposed mistress posted on Instagram that she never even met Wimberly or her husband. Wimberly shared this post on her own Instagram story saying, “It is so sad that this kind, beautiful and innocent girl had to be drug into the mud. I signed up for this by being on TV. She didn’t.”

On Friday, cast member Naomie Olindo posted on her own Instagram story that she and cast mate Chelsea Meissner were also leaving the show. In her post, Olindo blamed Dennis for the rumors about Wimberly’s personal life.

“To all those asking why Cameran, Chelsea and I (and anyone with a life they want to protect), quit the show, it’s shit like this,” Olindo wrote. “Shame on you Kathryn Dennis for this and many other things.” She added a monkey emoji at the end of the sentence.

Despite losing three of its most popular cast members and now facing calls for Dennis to be fired, Southern Charm is still planning on returning for a seventh season. The show had been filming around Charleston before the coronavirus halted production.

Continue Reading
20 Comments

20 Comments

1. Avatar

Carol K.

June 14, 2020 at 9:57 am

Chelsea and Naomi leaving isn’t a big deal, As for Cameron, it was getting EXTREMELY uncomfortable having to constantly watch her flirt with other men. Especially right in front of her husband. Once I saw that, it completely changed how I felt about her. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Shep and Craig and Whitley. Also the show would not be the same without Patricia… LOVE HER!

2. Avatar

Theresa Youngblood

June 20, 2020 at 1:26 pm

Why is Craig still on the,show? He is the most obnoxious,lazy, whiny ,boring, argumentive do-nothing person. I don’t understand How this group ever accepted him . Most of what he has to say makes no sense . I’m an 83yo who is addicted to this entertaining series.

3. Avatar

Hope

June 23, 2020 at 9:26 pm

Naomi O leaving? Good. Bye. Cameran leaving? Best of luck to her. Hopefully she can make enough money somewhere else to support her $3000 outfits. I have a feeling her husband won’t want to fund that all by himself. On another note, her arrogant sanctimony was getting harder & harder to stomach…. no tolerance level left for it. I think viewers might be surprised by what a breath of fresh air it will be to have her gone. Chelsea leaving is sad.

Julie

September 13, 2020 at 5:27 pm

Totally agree!!!!!

4. Avatar

Opal

August 22, 2020 at 12:53 am

Bravo should fire Katherine Dennis. I saw the clip of her proudly showing her impressed guest the slaves’ cemetery. One could literally hear the pride in her voice as she pointed to the graves of Human beings her family owned. That clip literally made me feel ill. Dennis becomes incensed when she is called out and rebuked for her racism and resorts to a blatant racist symbol, the monkey. It came easily for her to send the monkey image in response to the black woman whom she was attempting to disparage. It was natural for her. She reached for that which was in her nature to do because she is a racist, pure and simple. Bravo should, of course, fire her. If Bravo does not, what does this say about Bravo? But most importantly, what does this say about black people and any other people of decency and humanity who would continue to support Bravo? ABC fired Rosanne Barr. Bravo should fire Katherine Dennis.

5. Avatar

Jodie Melton Sweatt

September 4, 2020 at 4:04 pm

Kathryn Dennis has never been anything more than a gold digging status seeking , racist super whore. The very first dinner party she had with her desperately pursued beau Thomas spoke volumes about her characters given she had had sex with every man there except maybe the cook. She’s been racist long before her monkey symbol. Those two children are the real victims here. Why this sorry excuse for a human being is allowed to continue on the already wavering series is sad and speaks poorly of Bravo. At least Naomi, Chelsea, and Cam had the decency to put people and truth before money from a series that positively portrays the likes of this drug addict, racist, liar with no redeeming qualities speaks to their character. I’m over it and hope y’all are sickened by this trash. The real victims are those poor children who have the choice of Kathryn or Thomas as the primary guardian

6. Avatar

Anonymous

October 8, 2020 at 1:39 pm

Kathryn Dennis and Kelly Dodd should be fired from bravo! Why are they the exception?

7. Avatar

Katherine Shofi

October 22, 2020 at 11:23 pm

The show should be called Southern Demise. Let’s face it. Andy Cohen is like the host of the Rich and Famous. It will die out, as he has made this political. It no longer is fun to watch Bravo.. he’s an ass and his entire motive is undermining watching elitists having at each other. It’s going to backfire and he will be out . Good luck Andy Randy. Only desperate people will be watching now…

Anonymous

December 10, 2020 at 9:39 pm

I kind of agree with you….this show has now become so political and the addition of this new person is so boring. She has very annoying opinions and really does not belong on this show…I think Katherine Shofi has really put the nail on the head. Too politital. What a shame. I loved this show. Wont watch it now. 🙁

Michelle

January 19, 2021 at 1:15 am

Why? Because they have different political beliefs than you?

8. Avatar

Anonymous

November 15, 2020 at 11:55 pm

I agree 100 percent with every thing that has been aaid except about graig he dound himself became an attorney and his pillow business is a big secuess rember he didnt come from money hust like chelsie i just loved her

9. Avatar

Anonymous

December 10, 2020 at 9:15 pm

I’m finding it very sad that the entire characters have changed in Southern Charm….I loved the show for the last 5 seasons…It was nice to see young people of means in this world who are basically well behaved, but unfortunately, they inherited most of the money..Good for them!!!!….They are intitled, Yes, but were fun to watch. I am sad that Bravo has decided to bring on other characters in the show, who seem to criticize all the cast and the History of what Charleston was. She needs to GO!!! She’s a bore…. I am not finding this show fun anymore with this person, who is trying to change the character of “Charleston, NC”. It’s a beautiful city and it would be great to keep it that way. Sorry but not sorry.

10. Avatar

Anonymous

December 10, 2020 at 9:26 pm

Oh and Kathryn is far from a racist. She is just very uninformed. She comes from a good family and seems like a good girl.. The asshole who said she was is just a mean slob. Probably very jealous. And, as for Cameron, I think she was adorable I miss her …and Craig…so cute but lazy….The ones who should go is anyone over 45 like Whitney…He’s a bit too old for the show. ..I think Madison is absolutely lovely. Please get rid of the ” NEW CHARACTER” she is such a bore. She and her restaurant can GO!!!!!. I find her very abrasive and judgmental. Does not belong in Charleston, S.C. THE SOUTH. She should move to California.

11. Avatar

Anonymous

December 10, 2020 at 9:28 pm

Noticed they blocked my other messages…So typical……Now I really wont watch Southern Charm until they get rid of that new person.

12. Avatar

Anonymous

December 27, 2020 at 6:44 pm

I am so sad for Catherine because I don’t think she is racist. I do think she is constantly being attacked and judged. So with that she strikes back in defense and does and sais stupid stuff sometimes. But Leva is on a witch hunt right now and should be ashamed of herself. Instead of talking to Catherine and asking how she feels and why she did what she did, she is talking shit with anyone and everyone who will listen and she’s asking everyone to walk away from her. She’s telling everyone she racist and she is staring the pot. She is no better then Catherine. What a BULLY. She should also be fired.

13. Avatar

Cynthia

January 18, 2021 at 8:01 am

I don’t think Catherine is racist . I think she is very naive . But I do think Leva is the most obnoxious bully I have ever seen . She is a mean woman and maybe she should spend a little more time with her lovely little boy who seems pretty out of control. I have totally enjoyed the previous seasons of Southern Charm and was so looking forward to this season but it is so tainted with Leva’s hate mongering that I can no longer watch it !

14. Avatar

Anonymous

January 28, 2021 at 10:48 pm

Kathryn may not be racist but she is truly ignorant. Bravo is ignorant as well. Drop the Cameron story because she’s not there to present her own narrative. Damn you for groveling after ratings. Bravo sucks!!

15. Avatar

Anonymous

February 4, 2021 at 10:47 am

Hey leva….the Persians kept Greeks as slaves for 400 years

Where’s that in your barrage of slavery hatred amd finger pointing. These newbies just killed the show for me. Keep politics out of these mindless shows. And stop pointing fingers leva bully girl.

And madison?? Total white trash hooker. She is the classic fat girl gone skinny and wants all attention on her. Come on bravo!! Do better than this!!!

16. Avatar

Joan

February 4, 2021 at 9:42 pm

I’ve watched this show from the beginning, and have enjoyed it so much, throuout the chatactors us &
    Downs. I really hope that you will”get rid “ of Leva. First, she is NOT a Southener from Charleston
    Nor South Carolina. I find her to be very rude, crude and such a bully . She inserts herself into
    Every ones business, unasked! She constantly “stirs the pot “ , creating new disagreements
    between the other regulars. I fast-forward every time she speaks . I can’t believe that Ms .Patricia approves of her.SHE is a true SouthernLady

17. Avatar

Anonymous

March 14, 2021 at 9:13 pm

I completely agree get rid of Leva. Iv also watched from beginning. I’m from Charleston but don’t live there anymore. You are ruining it with her and her bullying.