As Off-Screen Drama Continues, Three "Southern Charm" Cast Members Quit The Show

Southern Charm, the Charleston-based reality TV show that airs on Bravo, is known for its on-screen fireworks, but this week all the drama has been off camera.

Earlier this week, cast member Kathryn Dennis apologized for sending a Charleston black activist a monkey emoji among a barrage of Instagram direct messages. While the consequences of those actions were still unraveling, a ​reality TV gossip blog posted an unsubstantiated claim that cast member Cameran Eubanks Wimberly's husband had been carrying on a two-year affair with a local makeup artist. The blog also claimed Wimberly quit Southern Charm ahead of the seventh season to avoid the situation being exposed on national television.

Both Wimberly and the alleged mistress vehemently denied the accusations in separate social media posts.

"I was going to make a kind statement about why I decided to leave the show...however it has come to my attention that insidious rumors are now spreading and fake articles being written…some of which pertain to my marriage," Wimberly posted on Instagram. "What upsets me the most is that my husband, who is the most sincere and faithful human I know is being falsely dragged into this. It disgusts me."

The supposed mistress posted on Instagram that she never even met Wimberly or her husband. Wimberly shared this post on her own Instagram story saying, "It is so sad that this kind, beautiful and innocent girl had to be drug into the mud. I signed up for this by being on TV. She didn't."

On Friday, cast member Naomie Olindo posted on her own Instagram story that she and cast mate Chelsea Meissner were also leaving the show. In her post, Olindo blamed Dennis for the rumors about Wimberly's personal life.

“To all those asking why Cameran, Chelsea and I (and anyone with a life they want to protect), quit the show, it’s shit like this,” Olindo wrote. “Shame on you Kathryn Dennis for this and many other things.” She added a monkey emoji at the end of the sentence.

Despite losing three of its most popular cast members and now facing calls for Dennis to be fired, Southern Charm is still planning on returning for a seventh season. The show had been filming around Charleston before the coronavirus halted production.

9 comments

1. Carol K. 14 June, 2020 at 09:57 Reply

Chelsea and Naomi leaving isn’t a big deal, As for Cameron, it was getting EXTREMELY uncomfortable having to constantly watch her flirt with other men. Especially right in front of her husband. Once I saw that, it completely changed how I felt about her. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Shep and Craig and Whitley. Also the show would not be the same without Patricia… LOVE HER!

2. Theresa Youngblood 20 June, 2020 at 13:26 Reply

Why is Craig still on the,show? He is the most obnoxious,lazy, whiny ,boring, argumentive do-nothing person. I don’t understand How this group ever accepted him . Most of what he has to say makes no sense . I’m an 83yo who is addicted to this entertaining series.

3. Hope 23 June, 2020 at 21:26 Reply

Naomi O leaving? Good. Bye. Cameran leaving? Best of luck to her. Hopefully she can make enough money somewhere else to support her $3000 outfits. I have a feeling her husband won’t want to fund that all by himself. On another note, her arrogant sanctimony was getting harder & harder to stomach…. no tolerance level left for it. I think viewers might be surprised by what a breath of fresh air it will be to have her gone. Chelsea leaving is sad.

4. Opal 22 August, 2020 at 00:53 Reply

Bravo should fire Katherine Dennis. I saw the clip of her proudly showing her impressed guest the slaves’ cemetery. One could literally hear the pride in her voice as she pointed to the graves of Human beings her family owned. That clip literally made me feel ill. Dennis becomes incensed when she is called out and rebuked for her racism and resorts to a blatant racist symbol, the monkey. It came easily for her to send the monkey image in response to the black woman whom she was attempting to disparage. It was natural for her. She reached for that which was in her nature to do because she is a racist, pure and simple. Bravo should, of course, fire her. If Bravo does not, what does this say about Bravo? But most importantly, what does this say about black people and any other people of decency and humanity who would continue to support Bravo? ABC fired Rosanne Barr. Bravo should fire Katherine Dennis.

5. Jodie Melton Sweatt 4 September, 2020 at 16:04 Reply

Kathryn Dennis has never been anything more than a gold digging status seeking , racist super whore. The very first dinner party she had with her desperately pursued beau Thomas spoke volumes about her characters given she had had sex with every man there except maybe the cook. She’s been racist long before her monkey symbol. Those two children are the real victims here. Why this sorry excuse for a human being is allowed to continue on the already wavering series is sad and speaks poorly of Bravo. At least Naomi, Chelsea, and Cam had the decency to put people and truth before money from a series that positively portrays the likes of this drug addict, racist, liar with no redeeming qualities speaks to their character. I’m over it and hope y’all are sickened by this trash. The real victims are those poor children who have the choice of Kathryn or Thomas as the primary guardian

6. Katherine Shofi 22 October, 2020 at 23:23 Reply

The show should be called Southern Demise. Let’s face it. Andy Cohen is like the host of the Rich and Famous. It will die out, as he has made this political. It no longer is fun to watch Bravo.. he’s an ass and his entire motive is undermining watching elitists having at each other. It’s going to backfire and he will be out . Good luck Andy Randy. Only desperate people will be watching now…

7. Anonymous 15 November, 2020 at 23:55 Reply

I agree 100 percent with every thing that has been aaid except about graig he dound himself became an attorney and his pillow business is a big secuess rember he didnt come from money hust like chelsie i just loved her