Beard trimming is a crucial component of your facial hair maintenance routine. However, this can be a daunting task if you do not how to trim your beard which can make it look awkward. As such, read on to learn how to trim and shape your beard-tips and tricks.
Tips and Tricks To Trim and Shape Your Beard
Choose the right Trimmer
First and foremost, you should invest in the right trimmer so that you can maintain your facial hair in good shape and style. There are different types of beard trimmers available on the market that you can consider. When choosing a trimmer, you should consider its main purpose so that you get the best tool. Other trimmers have multiple purposes and they also consist of different features that can appeal to different individuals. The other important thing to take into account is the length of your beard.
Trim Your Beard When It is Dry
When your beard is dry, you are likely to get a clear view of how it will look like so that you can maintain the same level. Choose your preferred length of a beard then adjust your trimmer to the right level that you can maintain throughout the trimming process. You should also stretch out your skin when trimming the underside so that there are not hidden hairs that you can miss.
How to Trim Your Beard
- When trimming your facial hair, you should comb it out in one direction then use clippers to cut all stray hairs and make sure that it is even before you trim it.
- You must fade the cheeks and neck and make sure you gradually work on attaining a uniform size of your facial hair.
- It is also essential to properly trim your mustache and you can achieve this by combing it using the right comb. You should make sure you clip all stray hairs and you can do this using scissors.
- You should finish off with beard moisturizer or oil, these products help to keep your beard healthy. They also prevent drying of your facial hair and itching.
- Additionally, you can also apply balm to your well-trimmed hair since this is good for styling purposes. It gives your beard a good hold and a long-lasting shine that makes it attractive.
- For excellent results, you should finish off with brushing your beard with a boar brush. This kind of brush helps to remove dust and other particles. It also helps spread beard products evenly across your facial hair while at the same time stimulating hair follicles which is good for the growth of beard.
If you want to properly trim and shape your beard, you should begin by looking for the best trimmer that can give you excellent results. When trimming your facial hair, make sure that it is clean and you should also use a comb and brush to attain the desired level. On top of that, you should not forget to apply the right beard products like beard oil and balm.
Anthony Walker is founder and editor in chief at Beard Base. You will often find him rocking out a different beard style, and searching for new, improved tips and tricks for facial hair maintenance. Anthony also gives vent to his creativity by writing illuminating articles on the subject, striving to share his knowledge and reveal the simplest, yet the most effective ways for grooming your facial hair.