The company says they have implemented the following safety measures:
- Enhanced cleaning throughout the day
- Social distancing measures of at least six feet for customers and booksellers, including a limit to the number of customers at any one time, and in-store signage
- Protective barriers at our registers to separate customers and booksellers
- Booksellers are always required to wear face masks
- All booksellers have temperature checks before shifts
- Designated spaces are marked for customers to deposit any books they have browsed, for these then to be taken out of circulation for sanitizing
- Cafés are limited to To-Go only service and BN Café App pickup
- Curbside delivery for Buy Online, Pick Up In Store orders
- There will be no in-store events, but the company will be hosting Virtual Events with authors and Storytime book readings on BN.com and B&N’s social channels.
For a full update on Barnes & Noble’s response to COVID-19, visit their update page on BN.com.
You can find your local South Carolina store on the store locator page here: https://stores.barnesandnoble.com