In response to COVID-19, the restaurant says they have enhanced their "already strict food safety guidelines and have taken additional measures in the restaurant including":
- Following all health and safety protocols required by the CDC and DHEC
- Installed Reme Hale LED Air Purifier/Ionizer LED Light in our HVAC system to purify air quality and to kill up to 99% of bacteria, viruses and mold
- Offering complimentary masks to all guests upon entry into the restaurant
- Requiring all staff to wear facial coverings
- Requiring all staff to wear gloves
- Requiring temperature checks for all staff when they report to work
- Practice social distancing with limited seating capacity
- Offering digital menus in addition to one use paper menus
- Hand sanitizer stations throughout the restaurant
- Instructional stations on proper hygienic behavior: front desk, bathrooms, and bar
- Thorough cleaning of surfaces throughout the shift
While closed 5Church also invested in restaurant safety and cleanliness. Some of these improvements include Installing Eco-grip floors in the kitchen and bar area, updating dishwashers and ice machines, investing state of the art cleaning equipment.
Also, their Assistant General Manager, Madison White is part of the Restaurant Advisory group task force working hand-in-hand with the Mayor’s office, members of city council, various city officials, and Charleston restauranteurs. The task force keeps everyone up-to-date with the latest city and state guidelines and protocols and works as a bridge to address restaurant concerns in dealing with public health and safety.
Reservations are highly recommended and can be made at www.5ChurchCharleston.com or by calling 843-937-8666.