Charleston County Public Library was notified by a staff member of the Otranto Road Regional Library on the evening of July 1st that they tested positive for COVID-19. This employee has interacted with the public through curbside services.
Charleston County Public Library staff implemented our response plan, per CDC and DHEC guidelines, listed below:
- The entire branch was cleaned and sanitized by a certified third party contractor.
- All employees known to come in contact with this individual are being notified and self-quarantine guidelines are being followed.
- Otranto Road Library, located at 2261 Otranto Road in North Charleston, is currently closed to the public and will remain closed until further notice.
- Items (books, DVD's, etc.) that had been placed on hold for curbside pick-up will not be available at this time.
- The book drop/return at the Otranto Road Library will also be closed. All fines/fees associated to late material are currently being waived. Patrons may also return their items to another library location.
- Patrons of this branch interested in receiving materials should place holds for pick-up at another location. There are 17 other library locations available. Visit www.ccpl.org/branches
for the list.
- Charleston County Government continues to offer PPE and cleaning supplies to CCPL employees for its facilities.