The following is a press release from Charleston County regarding Tropical Storm Isaias:
Based on the latest track of Tropical Storm Isaias, Charleston County Government offices will close at 1 p.m. on Monday, August 3. This includes the downtown Judicial Center Complex and Convenience Centers. Curbside recycling operations will be delayed by one day this week. Charleston County will resume normal operations on Tuesday, August 4.
The Board of Zoning and Appeals meeting scheduled at 5 p.m. Monday, August 3 at the Public Services Building is canceled and will be rescheduled on August 31.
National Weather Service storm page: https://www.weather.gov/chs/tropical#activestorms
- Citizens should avoid unnecessary travel due to possible localized flooding caused by potential heavy rainfall.
- Please follow directions on traffic and message boards for road closure information. “Turn around, Don’t drown.”
- In the event of possible flooding, citizens are asked not to drive around barricades or drive through standing water.
- Emergency calls to 911 should be reserved to save a life, report a crime or report a fire.
- DO NOT call 9-1-1 if you have water in your home unless your life is in danger.
- DO NOT call 9-1-1 to report that your power is out, report the outage to your utility provider.