To help Americans plan for a comfortable retirement without breaking the bank, WalletHub compared more than 180 U.S. cities across 46 key measures of affordability, quality of life, health care and availability of recreational activities. The data set ranges from the cost of living to retired taxpayer-friendliness to the state’s health infrastructure.
Retirement-Friendliness of Charleston (1=Best; 91=Avg.):
- 71st – Adjusted Cost of Living
- 78th – Annual Cost of In-Home Services
- 39th – % of Employed Population Aged 65 & Older
- 20th – Adult Volunteer Activities per Capita
- 46th – % of 65 & Older Population
- 39th – ‘Mild Weather’ Ranking
To read the full report, click here.