The Charleston to Charleston Literary Festival is going virtual this year and will be free to the public. From November 6th to 15th, attendees can log in and join the conversation with internationally renowned speakers. Registration will soon open with the full schedule of events that guests can choose from.
The festival brings together top-tiered, international authors in unexpected and inspiring ways. Guests can hear Monty Don discussing gardening and the mind with psychologist Sue Stuart-Smith, or listen to Pulitzer prize-winner Anne Applebaum talking about international threats to democracy with Turkish freedom of speech campaigner Elif Shafak.
Other speakers include:
- Author Richard Ford reflecting on his illustrious career.
- Jenny Offill and Jia Tolentino sharing their views on the state of our world.
- Brit Bennett and Sara Collins lamenting the long shadow of racism.
- Maggie O’Farrell transporting you to Shakespeare’s England.
- Nobel Prize winner Joseph Stiglitz discussing the truth about the economy.
- Simon Schama re-imagining the future of the arts.
There will be a full schedule of events with two sessions per day airing at 11 a.m. and 5 p.m., and sessions each Sunday at 2 pm and 5 pm.
Due to the generosity of the donors and sponsors the 2020 Virtual Festival is free to the public. If attendees would like to become subscribers, they can donate $150-$499, which is tax deductible. Subscribers receive a wide variety of benefits and are an integral part of the festival community. Donations made allow the festival to be available to students and faculty members of schools in the South Carolina Lowcountry and beyond.
Benefits of being a subscriber:
- Recognition in Festival program materials or on our website as a subscriber to the 2020 Festival
- A 10% discount on Festival titles as purchased through Festival partner and bookseller, Buxton Books (U.S. only)
- Automatic registration to every 2020 Festival session
- An invitation to submit questions in advance for several pre-recorded sessions
- An invitation to an exclusive virtual “Sneak Peek” event hosted by the Festival Artistic Director previewing all of the Festival’s 2020 sessions
- Priority notice and ticket purchasing opportunities for the 2021 Festival, including a 10% discount on 2021 Festival passes.
- Future discounts and special offers by email
For a donation of $500.00 or more, subscribers will receive a special invitation to the Gala Celebration at the November 2021 Festival.
Visit the Festival page for more information on becoming a Festival Subscriber.