Looking for your next read and a way to support your local library? Shop great books for the upcoming holidays and support your library by coming to the Charleston Friends of the Library’s (CFOL) last two Pop Up Book Sales in 2020.
The final events of the year will be held at the following times:
- November Pop-Up Book Sale
- Held at Bees Ferry West Ashley Branch, Sanders Rd., next to West Ashley High School
- Friday, November 13th from 2 pm - 4:30 pm (CFOL Member Pre Sale)
- Saturday, November 14th from 9 am to 4:30 pm
- The first hour is dedicated to senior shopping (9 am - 10 am)
- December Pop-Up Book Sale
- Held at the Mt. Pleasant Regional Branch, 1133 Mathis Ferry Rd.
- Saturday, December 12 from 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- The first hour is dedicated to senior shopping (10 am - 11 am)
Browse through hundreds of gently used books at prices that can’t be beat, plus free CDs and DVDs. Safety protocols include masked volunteers, sanitized shopping baskets, one direction lanes, social distancing, and adherence to occupancy levels. All sale attendees will be required to wear a mask. Sponsored by Crews Subaru of Charleston.
In honor of National Friends of Libraries Week, CFOL launched its refreshed logo (see above).
"When we began 2020, the board aspired to rebranding the Friends to reflect the new talent on our team and to reemphasize the ‘Friends’ in Charleston Friends of the Library,” Susan Hoffius, President of the CFOL said. “National Friends of Libraries Week presented the perfect opportunity to unveil our new look while at the same time recommitting to being the best Friend we can be to Charleston County Public Library."
For more information and/or to become a Friend of the Library, visit charlestonlibraryfriends.org. The Charleston Friends of the Library is a non-profit volunteer organization that raises money through book sales to help fund library services, equipment, training, materials and public programming. The Friends collect and sort donated books for resale to raise money.