Local nonprofit Going Places today announced when they will hold their next bike builds and bike reveals. Going Places will be surprising all 455 kids that attend Stono Park Elementary and Jane Edwards Elementary with their bikes (this is the rescheduled bike reveal from May) this December.
They need volunteers to help build the bikes, load bikes into semi trucks, and assist at the bike reveals.
Bike Build Details:
- 20 volunteers per two-hour time slot
- You may sign up for more than 1 time slot
- You should bring the tools listed below
- 15mm Hex wrench
- 14mm Hex wrench
- 6 mm Allen wrench
- Philips screw driver
- Going Places can still use you if you don’t have these tools
- Builds will be held from 8 am to 4:30 pm on November 30th, December 1st, and December 2nd at the CHS Warehouse, 620 Dobbin Rd., Charleston, SC 29414
Bike Reveal Details:
- Due to Covid-19, all of the students will watch live (via the Going Places YouTube Channel) from their classrooms or through their virtual school as Going Places reveals the bikes
- Stono Park Elementary's reveal will be held on December 7th at 1699 Garden St
- Jane Edwards Elementary's reveal will be held on December 10th at 1960 Jane Edwards Rd (Edisto Island)
- If you sign up and can’t make it, PLEASE cancel online so Going Places can refill that spo
- You must wear a mask
- Interested parties can register to volunteer for all events here: http://bit.ly/GoingPlacesVolunteer
About Going Places
Going Places’ mission is to provide disadvantaged kids with their most basic childhood right- A right to Joy. They do that by surprising every child in the low-income, high-poverty elementary schools with a brand new, high quality, custom bike. A bike represents Joy, freedom, escape, ownership, and restored innocence in these children’s lives. By the end of 2020, Going Places will have given 2060 bikes to disadvantaged kids in 3 years time.
Going Places is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization.
To learn more visit www.GoingPlacesNonprofit.org.