WalletHub today released its study on "2020's Most Overweight & Obese States in America," and South Carolina didn't do so well. The Palmetto State was designated as the country's 6th Most Overweight & Obese.
To determine which states contribute the most to America’s overweight and obesity problem, WalletHub compared the 50 states and the District of Columbia across 31 key metrics. They range from share of overweight and obese population to sugary-beverage consumption among adolescents to obesity-related health care costs.
Here are some highlights from each report:
Obesity & Overweight Problem in South Carolina (1=Fattest; 25=Avg.):
- 9th – % of Obese Adults
- 29th – % of Overweight Children
- 2nd – % of Obese Children
- 14th – % of Physically Inactive Adults
- 12th – % of Adults with High Cholesterol
- 16th – % of Adults Eating Less than 1 Serving of Fruits/Vegetables per Day
- 6th – % of Adults with Type 2 Diabetes
- 9th – % of Adults with Hypertension
To view the full report, click here.