Charleston County Public Library was notified by a staff member of the Wando Mount Pleasant Library that they tested positive for COVID-19.
Charleston County Public Library staff implemented the response plan, per CDC and DHEC guidelines, listed below:
- The library will be closed Wednesday, Dec. 9th to be cleaned and sanitized by a certified third-part contractor. It is expected to reopen on Thursday, Dec. 10th.
- All employees known to have come in contact with this individual are being notified and self-quarantine guidelines are being followed.
- The book drop/return at the library will be closed during this time.
- Charleston County Government continues to offer PPE and cleaning supplies to CCPL employees for its facilities.
- CCPL has been working with DHEC in ensuring all best practices are implemented in our service models that would help reduce the spread of COVID-19 as we continue serving our patrons.
For updates, please visit ccpl.org or follow the library on Facebook/Twitter.