This year Butcher & Bee Charleston is choosing more than ever to take this time to celebrate however they can, wherever they can, in the safest way they can. And they are starting with: Hanukah at The Bee.
While you may have thought their special Chanukka menu would only last one night, through the miracle (of planning), their Chanukah event will actually happen for eight nights, allowing them to accommodate plenty of quarantine bubbles.
Bring a designated driver so the menorah isn't the only thing getting lit because the latkes and mommy juice will be flowing like the Nile.
This is our way of sharing a bit more of who we are at our core with our community. Once a year we are given the opportunity to share a tradition built around food, but mostly it’s about togetherness, and I think we could all use a bit of that right now. You’ll find menu items that are elevated twists on the classics, after all, it wouldn’t be Butcher & Bee without taking a few creative liberties.
So, grab your quarantine Bubbie and come by Butcher & Bee, starting December 10th through the 18th. Take a look at the festive menus featured below. From the mind of executive chef Rick Ohlemacher and pastry chef Jessica Olin, comes this $45 pre fixe menu:
- Matzo ball soup with a Bee twist (above right)
- Latkes topped with smoked apple butter, herb labneh and finished with trout roe. Roasted chicken with a side of winter inspired tabbouleh.
- Rice and lentil pilaf topped with fried shallots, dried currants and finished with soft herbs.
- Sweet treats
- Challah Doughnut with Berry Compote for Dipping
- Blue Velvet Dreidel Whoopie Pie (below)
Reservations are encouraged but not required, and can be done via Resy.