Charleston County Public Library (CCPL) was notified by a staff member at the Main Library at 68 Calhoun Street that they tested positive for COVID-19. As a result, CCPL staff have implemented the following response plan, per CDC and DHEC guidelines:
- The library is currently closed to allow for cleaning and sanitation by a certified third-part contractor. It is expected to reopen on Saturday, Dec. 19.
- All employees known to have come in contact with this individual are being notified and self-quarantine guidelines are being followed.
- The book drop/return at the library will be closed during this time.
- Charleston County Government continues to offer PPE and cleaning supplies to CCPL employees for its facilities.
- CCPL has been working with DHEC in ensuring all best practices are implemented that would help reduce the spread of COVID-19
For updates, visit ccpl.org or follow the library on Facebook/Twitter.
CCPL's Wando Mount Pleasant Library closed last week after two staff members tested positive for the virus.