What is Google Hangouts Meet?
With the lockdown measures, hosting a meeting virtually has never been more popular. Google, a tech giant company, has continuously improved their Google Hangouts Meet, making it easy for companies to meet virtually, even if they’re just at home.
Google has added extended functionalities to several Google Workspace editions. Through your company Google account, you can start recording audio meetings so that you won’t miss anything during the meeting.
What You Need to Transcribe a Google Hangouts Meet Video into Text
One way to transcribe audio is by hiring a transcriber to listen to the meeting and create a transcript of the meeting. However, this method is outdated and expensive as you have to pay for the transcriber by the hour.
If you are looking for a fast and efficient way to transcribe your Google Hangouts Meet, using a program like mp3 to text converter Audext is your best choice. Besides being able to transcribe your audio recordings faster and more efficiently, you will also receive a TXT or DOC file that includes timed transcription.
When you click on the text through Audext’s tools, the recording will play the exact second the word was said. This makes everything much more efficient when editing the transcription files. Furthermore, Audext can detect and identify speakers and automatically structure the transcription based on the speaker’s speech.
All you need is a clear copy of the meeting files you can record while the meeting is being hosted. To record on Google Meet, you should have one of the following Google Workspace editions:
- Education Fundamentals
- Education Plus
- Business Standard
- Business Plus
- Enterprise Essentials
- Enterprise Standard
- Enterprise Plus Editions
Next, confirm with your admin that the option to record Meet is on in the Google Admin console. You have to note that you can only record meetings if you are on a computer. The meeting organizer and anyone who is using the same organization or company Google account can record the meeting.
Lastly, you need a video to audio converter to upload the recording to Audext.
Steps to Record & Transcribe a Google Hangouts Meet Video
Recording the Meeting
Audext makes it easy for you to transcribe a meeting hosted on Google Meet Hangouts.
- log in to your company Google account.
- Host a meeting through the official Google Meet website. Click “New meeting” if you are starting a new meeting, or “Enter a code or link” if someone else is the organizer of the meeting.
- If you are creating a new meeting, you can choose three different options: create a meeting for later, start an instant meeting or schedule in Google Calendar. Based on what you need, click the option.
- Click the “Add others” button to add your coworkers to the meeting or send a link to the Google Meet.
- During the meeting, click the icon with three vertical dots. You will see the “Record meeting” option. Click to start recording.
- Ensure that there is no noise playing in the background.
- Recordings will be automatically saved at the organizer’s Google Drive, and an email will be sent to the organizer and whoever started the recording.
If you do not find the “Record meeting” option, this might not be available to your company, or your admin has the option turned off on the Google Admin console. You can contact management to give you the option to record meetings through your company Google account.
Using Audext to Transcribe the Google Meet Recording
After getting the video file, you can convert it to audio through your chosen software. Then, you can use this file to get an easy transcription through Audext. You can use MP3, WAV, and other audio files to create an easy transcription of your Google Meet.
- Log in to your Audext account.
- Upload your audio file to your Audext dashboard and click to send to Audext cloud editor.
- Audext will generate the transcription immediately. It will create a timed transcript that is generated on-the-fly.
- Review the file through Audext tools and check the results at your convenient time. You can also enter the names of the speakers or edit the text if needed.
- Export the text file in TXT or DOC format.
With Google Meet and Audext, transcribing voice recordings is no longer a time-consuming task. All you need to do is record and upload.
Preservation Society will Offer Lineup of Diverse Tours and Events this May
In celebration of National Preservation Month, the Preservation Society of Charleston (PSC) will host a series of in-person and virtual...
Ohm Radio Announces Farewell to Workshop Party
New Nonprofit Addressing Trauma to Host Launch Event on April 18th
Edmund’s Oast and Kings Leaf Cigars Partnering for “The Palmetto Puff” Fuente Cigar Dinner
Hermosa Jewelry and Brown Fox Coffee Partner for April Artisan Market
Annual North Charleston Arts Fest Set for April 28th to May 2nd
Local nonprofit Going Places to Host Charity Gala on May 15th
Uncategorized3 months ago
Types Of Personal Loans
Uncategorized1 year ago
Signs Your Third Eye Is Starting To See
Site Updates3 years ago
HCS Patreon Supporters
Charity6 years ago
Charleston Nonprofits & Charities
Resources8 years ago
Uncategorized9 months ago
How to Use Instagram For Your Music Career?
Events24 hours ago
Weekend Buzz: Fun Things To Do In Charleston This Weekend
Food6 years ago
Charleston’s Food Trucks