Guests can bring their chairs and lawn blankets to this socially-distant, COVID-safe fundraiser. Every purchase of a 10×10′ “pod” (up to 4 people per pod) will be all-inclusive, with a Potluck Basket of food prepared by a local chef, local beverages, and sweets. The event also includes live music by the Marshgrass Mamas featuring Cary Ann Hearst and Sly & The Family Stone Tribute Band.
Note: Kids ages 2 yrs+ count towards the 4-person limit per pod. Tots / babies under age 2 are welcomed in addition to the 4, at no cost.
Choose a “potluck basket” prepared by one of the participating restaurants:
- Basic Kitchen, Chef Charlie Layton – Uses seasonal, local produce and the best ingredients to create food that’s nourishing and delicious
- Brasserie La Banque, Executive Chef Jeb Aldrich – A seasonal French picnic highlighting local ingredients
- Callie’s Hot Little Biscuit, Chef / Owner Carrie Morey – Callie’s award winning biscuit sandwiches using locally inspired ingredients
- Carolima’s Lowcountry Cuisine, Chefs Emma Cromedy and Sameka Jenkins – Authentic Gullah Geechee & Lowcountry cuisine
- Cru Catering / Cru Cafe, Executive Chef and Owner John Zucker – Gourmet comfort food
- FIG / The Ordinary, Chefs Mike Lata, Jason Stanhope, Tori Schumacher – Seasonally inspired food highlighting the best that our farmers and fishermen have to offer
- The Grocery, Executive Chef/ Owner Kevin Johnson – Local ingredient-driven cuisine with Mediterranean and Southern influences
- The Post House Inn, Chef Nathan Hood – Contemporary American dishes, with a focus on fresh seafood and seasonal produce
- Slightly North of Broad, Executive Chef Russ Moore – Lowcountry-inspired dishes featuring fresh, local ingredients
- Ted’s Butcherblock, Nick Mc Bride – Chef / Ted Dombrowski – Owner – Grilled Meats on the Big Green Egg
Participating beverage suppliers:
- Grassroots Wine – One bottle of Rosé per pod
- Holy City Brewery – One 6-pack of local beer per pod
- Fatty’s Beer Works – One large format 16oz can per pod
- Cannonborough Soda Co. – Two handcrafted sodas per pod
This event is a fundraiser event for Lowcountry Local First. Proceeds from this event support the work this local 501c3 nonprofit does year-round to cultivate an economy anchored in local-ownership. Learn more about their work: lowcountrylocalfirst.org.
Tickets are non-refundable. If weather becomes an issue, attendees will be invited to drive by the event venue (The Bend) to pick up their food and beverages and enjoy from the comfort of home.
Gates will open at 3:30 pm and the music begins at 4 pm. For tickets and more information, click here.
Lowcountry Juneteenth Week Releases Schedule of Events
Lowcountry Juneteenth of Charleston will be hosting its first ever outdoor festival during a week-long celebration called Lowcountry Juneteenth Week...
Dashi to Host Charcuterie Class on May 22
Home Team BBQ Joins Operation Home in Hosting 11th Annual Gimme Shelter Event on May 20th
Mentoring Program Continues to Celebrate Its Members for Being Gentlemen
Join the Charleston Parks Conservancy for a Picnic in Hampton Park on May 22
Piccolo Spoleto Outdoor Art Exhibition Returns to Charleston
Freshfields Village Celebrates Spring With Seasonal Events
Uncategorized4 months ago
Types Of Personal Loans
Uncategorized1 year ago
Signs Your Third Eye Is Starting To See
Site Updates3 years ago
HCS Patreon Supporters
Resources8 years ago
Do You Speak Charleston? Pronunciation Guide
Resources8 years ago
Charity6 years ago
Charleston Nonprofits & Charities
Food6 years ago
Charleston’s Food Trucks
Uncategorized10 months ago
How to Use Instagram For Your Music Career?